Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby Mamma

Confession: Almost without exception, I get choked up during Hallmark's Christmas commercials. There is something about the holiday, homey-nostalgia cocktail that gets me every time. Its not Hallmark alone, there is a sappy fever-reducer commercial out there that brings a little tickle twinge to my throat. Even worse is Suburu's commercial about the teenage daughter taking the family car for her first solo ride and all the dad sees is his little 5 year old driving away...
My point is--I have always been a little sappy. But since becoming a mamma I am over the top S.A.P.P.Y. If I am exposed to any sort of family scene with a carefully cued musical background, I have to swallow hard and avoid eye contact....

So today when Chloe climbed up behind me and wrapped her little chubby baby arms around my neck and barked in my ear while we looked at puppies online I melted. Oh, little baby, don't change! Don't grow up. Don't drive away in our suburu someday...just keep wrapping your little arms around me and we'll look at puppies.

I. AM. SAPPY.

...and I love being this baby's mama.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're not the only one. NOT. THE. ONLY. ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree! i love being a momma to little jack! and your pic is wonderful! i love it!

    ReplyDelete